Data Integration Rules:
The flow of technographic data into Salesforce is controlled by Data Integration Rules. There are six data integration rules; two that match and bring in the correct company record for your Account or Lead, two integration rules that append Technographics to your Accounts and Leads, and two that activate HG Spend Intelligence. You will not need to activate the Spend Integration rules if you have not licensed this information from HG Insights.
HG for Salesforce does not modify account or lead data and only appends HG Data Technologies records.
Note: Each account or Lead will automatically check for new data every 2 weeks or when a standard field is updated, but will not use an API Call to do so because the data is hosted on the SFDC Lighting Data Platform. This occurs because HG releases a new data set each month, and HG For Salesforce is designed to provide the most up to date information possible with no ongoing maintenance.
There are several rule settings that can be configured:
- Update all records (recommended)
This allows HG Data to enrich all account records, and activates continuous enrichment
- Bypass triggers
If enabled, will skip triggers for HG Data Technologies when updated. We recommend you leave this unchecked.
- Bypass workflow rules
If enabled, will skip workflow rules for HG Data Technologies when updated. We recommend you leave this unchecked.
- Leave last-modified information unchanged
If enabled, will not update the last-modified date when HG Data Technologies records are updated.
Note: In order to proceed with these steps, the HG Data Customer Success Team will need to activate your HG for Salesforce application license.
To Activate the HG for Salesforce Data Enrichment:
- Within Setup, enter Data Integration Rules in the Quick Find box and select Data Integration Rules.
- Select HG Global Entities for Accounts (or Leads) and click Activate.
This Integration Rule must run until complete FIRST
(A Yellow Banner will notify you the integration rule is running, and it will disappear when the match sequence is complete, refresh your page to verify the match has finished).
- Once the HG Global Entities has completed, you can proceed to the HG Installed Technologies Integration Rule(s).
- In the same process as the Global Entities Integration Rule, Activate the Installed Technologies Integration Rule(s).
- If you have licensed Spend Intelligence from HG Insights, you will perform the same activation steps on the Integration Rule Dedicated to Spend.
HG for Salesforce will then start enriching your Salesforce.com accounts and leads with HG’s technographic data.
You can verify the Match Rates using the Data Integration Metrics, See this page for more information.
Next Step: Add HG Data to Your Page Layouts